Media and Picture Opportunities at Much Hoole, Lancashire
Transit of Venus - 8th June 2004
UCLan can offer the following media interview and picture opportunities:
- 7:30 to 9:00 (at Carr House) and then from 11:00 onwards (in Much Hoole) - Interviews with Dr Robert Walsh, and Dr Stewart Eyres, Senior Lecturers from UCLan's Centre for Astrophysics
- 07:30 to 09:00 Observe the transit outside the former residence of Jeremiah Horrocks (Carr House, Much Hoole, Lancashire).
- 07:30 to 09:00 Children from local schools at Carr House taking measurements of the transit with state of the art telescopes.
Please note: all media must vacate the grounds of Carr House by 09:00 at the very latest - it is private property and this condition has been agreed with the residents
- 09:00 to 11:00 Interviews/picture opportunities at Hoole C. E. Church, Much Hoole, where Horrocks was a member. The Church hosts a stained glass window of the first observation of a Transit.
- 11:00 to 12:30 Interviews/picture opportunities at Hoole St Michael C of E Primary School, Much Hoole, where leading astrophysicists, New Zealand school children and the public will observe the transit finale. At the school, pictures of the transit will be streamed live from the Internet via special projection screens.
Pictures of the Transit from locations across the globe, as it occurs on 8th June, can be downloaded from transit-of-venus.org.uk as the day progresses.
The University of Central Lancashire has taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information on this web page was accurate on 5th January 2004 but does not warrant that it is accurate or complete, and disclaims liability (except in where death or personal injury arises from the negligence of the University) to the fullest extent allowed by law for all and any damage, injury and/or loss (whether direct or indirect, consequential or economic) caused or suffered as a result of use of or reliance on that information. This disclaimer is made without prejudice to the effect of the University’s disclaimer to which a link appears below.
back to the press pack